Sunday, December 04, 2005

Cuzco, Peru. Ancient Incan Capitol

Arrived here from Lima last night. Lima is a decent ridiculously large (12 million) city. It´s no Cairo though. We were in a nice area near the coast. Tomorrow we start the hike of the Inca Trail to the fabled city of Macchu Picchu. It´s a four day trek. Should be interesting.

Cuzco sits at an elevation of 11,000 feet, so the air is thinner. I didn´t notice any ill effects. But after we checked into the hotel I went out for a short jog, just to see how it would feel. I only ran a little over a mile, because I didn´t want to get lost. It felt OK. Like running the hills in Mill Creek Park. As they say, no problemo.

Can´t post any pix from here, but it is a beautiful area. It´ll have to wait til I get back on about the 15th. Should be some good ones.

No comments: