Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Luang Prabang, Laos.


We left the Mekong to spend a few days here. Luang Prabang is a city featuring a mixture of former French colonial architecture with a heavily Buddhist culture (33 temples). In 1995 it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, making it my 99th site visited. As I calculate we have four more coming up over the next three weeks.
A stroll through a local food market.
No charge for the extra protein.
Fresher than Subway.
We took an afternoon visit to Kuangsi Falls for a refreshing swim.
I can't imagine even riding my bicycle while holding a umbrella.
They're serious about the World Heritage thing here.


Then a relaxing evening where I was surprised to find an old friend from Africa.
Savannah Dry!

We chill in Luang Prabang today, then move onwards tomorrow with a seven hour bus trip. Plenty of Lao countryside to see. May be doing a bit of bike riding today.









No comments: