Tuesday, August 23, 2005

School Visits...



We visited 34 high schools in 10 days. My first day in Puerto Rico I arrived at the hotel at 3:30AM. The bus to the first school left at 6:15AM. That was the warm-up. The next morning we left at 4:30AM. Calling it a grind really doesn't do it justice.

But, a couple times or so a day you meet that one special kid who's inquisitive and smart and you think "I have just the program and the fit to give this kid a great start." It's like Crack Cocaine to me. Or Candy Corn. Same thing.

Give me one or two good kids a day and I'm good for another week. By the time we got down to the last couple days though, I was thinking I REALLY would like to bail on a school. But, I never did. I could stop breathing, but I love working with these kids.

No comments: