Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Peace Corps Update

Yeah, I know. I know. I haven't finished posting about my last trip. I'll get around to it. Sometime. Maybe. Maybe not.

BUT, things are moving on the Peace Corps front. FINALLY I think I've cleared the last medical hurdle. It wasn't much of a hurdle actually. They wanted the doctor's statement about my PPD test (Tuberculosis) to be more detailed. It took me fifteen minutes to get and mail.

I got a call yesterday from the main office checking to see if I'd done that. Now this morning I get an e-mail from them with all kinds of forms and information telling me how it's going to go down.

When I was on the phone I tried to get a line on where I would be invited to. No dice. They play by the rules. Their rules. I couldn't get a hint.

So I still don't know. Maybe by this time next month. Or sooner.

It would sure be easier if I was rid of this house.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures from the last day of my last trip:

In the Red Sea off Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Aboard the good ship "I don't know what the name of the thing was."

All I know is I'm going away for a long time.

1 comment:

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.