Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In-Intelligent Design

I'm reading Neil DeGrasse Tyson, the eminent astrophysicist. He has supplied the perfect response to the so-called Intelligent Design. He calls it Stupid Design.

For example: "your appendix. It's much better at killing you than it is at anything else. That's definitely a stupid design. What about your pinky toenail? You can barely put nail polish on it; there's no real estate there. How about bad breath, or the fact you breathe and drink through the same hole in your body, causing some fraction of us to choke to death every year? And here's my last one. Ready? Down there between our legs, it's like an entertainment complex in the middle of a sewage system. Who designed that?"

The men's a genius.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Ahh, I just love you, Miguel! XXX OOO

When I think about the human body, I reflect on the amazing complexity and the genius of my wonderful God. :) Think of the billions of bits of information contained in just one strand of DNA. Or the precision and synchronicity of the planets and moons in motion. Or think about any organ of the body. Say, for just one example, the skin. How many billions of years would it have taken for the skin to cover the entire body for protection against infection if evolution were true? How did the organism survive until the process reached completion? Or the millions of nerves from the eyes to the brain: how did the organism survive until they were formed (and the eyes working together)? I think of the first one-celled organism. The four things necessary for survival and continuation of the species are water, food, air, and reproduction. How did the first one-celled organism manage to take in air, receive nourishment, and reproduce?

Too many neurophysiology and statistical probability theory courses for me in graduate school, I guess. :) I'm continually amazed and in awe of this beautiful and astounding universe that God created. I know He exists because I love Him..... and I feel His deep love for me! Think of the one person you love most and who loves you in return. Someone telling me that God doesn't exist would be like me telling that person that the one they love with all their heart (and whose deep love they feel in return) does not exist. They know in their heart that they do! :)

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, my sweet, sweet Michael!! Joann xxxxx ooooo