Monday, January 08, 2007

The Bridge Over the River Kwai

Cleaning the house this morning. Got the tube on for some accompaniment. Flipping through the channels and found "The Bridge Over the River Kwai." Great flick, but for me there's something more.

It was filmed in Sri Lanka. I don't recognize any specific places, but the general areas are pretty familiar. British Headquarters is in tea country. The commando team's route to the prison camp looks an awful lot like the area around Siguriya.

Man it makes me homesick. I hope I can sell this house and head back in July or August. I'll head back one way or another. But, I sure would like to sell this house!

1 comment:

Dr. Complainaboutshit said...

Mike- I really like your blog. You've got a writing style that is so natural and readable...I'm very inspired.