Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Days Dwindle Down to a Precious Few

I'm done at the end of this month. Talk about ambivalent! For one thing I am officially a Lame Duck. The lamest of ducks. I'm so lame I can barely waddle my ass to work every day.

I'm looking forward to the next phase, but there is some trepidation. It's always hard giving up the "known" for the "unknown", even if the known is Hell. I'm not saying this is Hell, far from it. But, you know what I mean.

My schedule for the next few months are pretty full. I'll go out to Seattle at the end of May for a week to the NAFSA Annual conference. I'm looking forward to meeting many of my international recruiting friends. Also I've scheduled a five hour kayak trip to watch Orcas.

Later in June Mick and I are hopping down to Costa Rica for nine days. We'll spend time near an active volcano and messing around in some tropical rain forests.

In July I'll go back to my OTHER island (not Puerto Rico) to my friend's daughter's wedding in Sri Lanka. You've already seen the Sherwani I got in Bangalore for the occasion. Ten days in Sri Lanka...can't beat it. I want to spend some quality time at the Elephant Orphanage there. I would like to go there to volunteer sometime.

After that I reckon I'll head down to Puerto Rico to visit Mick again and also hook up with my pal, Eddie Lavigne and the AutopistaAmericas recruitment tour. Just for fun.

So in between those trips I'll have to mow the yard, which I can easily do without. I get absolutely no satisfaction out of yard work. The crap just keeps growing back. My ideal yard would be asphalt painted green. That would hold the heat, even in the winter.

So, I'm in a period of transition here. I'm working on a few things for the future, but otherwise it's a crap shoot. But, then, isn't everything?

You can't get to second base with your foot stuck on first...

No comments: