Monday, February 20, 2006

Paris (not Hilton), but...

I'm well past Paris at the moment. Actually I'm in the Paris of the Middle East (Beirut), but have LOTS of stuff to blog leading up to the present. Internet at the hotel here is $30 a day, so I'll try to catch up tonight.

ANYWAY, stayed in a boutiquey little hotel in the Trocadero section of Gay Paree. Very toney. I don't know if you'll be able to read the price tag on these ugly-assed shoes, but it's 3,100 Euros. For the EU impaired that equates to about $3,700. So, I could either buy ten pairs of these or one BMW. Gee, that's a tough call.

An interesting thing about Paris is alot of the landmarks look really cool photographed in Black and White. A grainy sort of realism if you will. Very artistique. Tres chic. E.U. Mon dieu. Sacre Bleu. Bleu Cheese.

Le Metropolitain station at Notre Dame (The one NOT in Indiana). It was dark and pouring rain when I got to the site of the church. So no Hunchback, no Touchdown Jesus (Yeah, I know, I know.). BUT, the Banks of the Seine is a UNESCO World Heritage site. So that's one for this trip.

Hall of Mirrors, Palace of Versaille.
Took the Metro out to Versailles. This little hunting "lodge" was all the rage back in the days before Marie Antoinette lost her head over some fool idea about what our Founding Fathers referred to as Liberty. It is quite the layout. Number two of this trip's UNESCO World Heritage hit parade.

The Moulin Rouge. Yeah, THAT Moulin Rouge. Didn't see Halle Berry, Pink or any of the women from that video and movie. Plenty of triple X rated shops though.

Like this one.

You know, they don't actually wear berets in France anymore. But, I think they secretly want to. This guy had one and looked pretty good. He was some kind of street performer. Of course they sell them to tourists ala Chevy chase in European Vacation. AND of course I got one. Did you ever doubt I would? Personally, I think I look very good with it. But, you'll have to wait another day to see me wearing it. It's late, I'm bushed and I want to hit Le Sac.

Bon Sois!

No comments: