Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday Morning Commentary

Boy, they're REALLY getting clobbered with snow over on the East coast! Columbia, Maryland has 21 inches (or 53cm, whichever you prefer). Here in southeastern Ohio we've mostly dodged it. I fly tomorrow out of Cincy. Looks like it'll be no problem. Good thing. I'm too ready to go.

My counter shows 34 hits in three and a half days. Hani comments I might develop a cult following. That's what I've always wanted, my own cult. To follow me and obey my slightest command. I can never get the dog to do that. It'll be a refreshing change.

I see Michelle Kwan has dropped out of the Olympics. The life-span of any athlete is pretty short. That of an Olympic hopeful is comparatively minescule. One shot every four years. Anyone appearing in more than one games is an anomaly. Three or more times is freakish. Al Oerter made five in the shot put. The problem is this: after a certain age athletes only get older. They don't get better. At 29 (I think) Michelle Kwan is a dinosaur. Relatively speaking. On to the Ice Capades.

OK, I'm putting off going out for my run. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VD, Mr. Mike.

Will see you in April.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Mike...Happy Belated Birthday, Valentines Day and all that. I look forward to all your adventures and reading about them. I also loved the sunset in peru...saved it on the pc..love sunsets. Godspeed Mike...be safe! P.S. Missed you especially on Groundhog Day!!! "Giddy Up"