Sunday, September 10, 2006

9-1-0

Tomorrow marks the fifth anniversary of the attacks by Islamic terrorists, a day which changed our lives immeasureably. But, today marks MY fifth anniversary.

Five years ago today (It was actually a Monday) I started my new career. After almost 20 years working in Health Care I completely switched tracks and took a position as an international student recruiter for a small, private college in western Pennsylvania. I could not have imagined how profound that job switch would turn out to be.

I've always thought it interesting to look back in five year increments. For me, there has always been a significant change along the way. A new job, a new house, a marriage, a kid, always something. Nothing in my life compares with the changes that have come way way these past five years.

Except for one big exception I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: