Monday, July 30, 2007

Peace Corps Update II

This past week I got started on the medical and dental clearances needed to finish my Peace Corps application. First came a couple visits to Art, my personal physician. He shot me up for Tetanus, a polio booster (Who ever heard of a polio booster?) and measles/mumps/rubella. Three needles in two minutes. Ouch! Actually it wasn't all that bad. I remember being dragged kicking and screaming to Dr. Baldwin's for those original polio vaccinations a lifetime ago.

My eyesight checked out at 20/15 in the left and 20/20 in the right, jet pilot eyes.

Blood pressure: 114/70. Resting heart rate: 48.

Thursday I had the dentist visit for X-rays and cleaning. Turns out the last time I had been to the dentist was 1995! Surprisingly my teeth are in pretty good shape in spite of that.

All in all I'm in pretty good shape.

Once I get all the forms filled out and the appropriate physician signatures I should be complete. It'll be up to the Peace Corps docs to approve and give me final clearance.

Then it's just a matter of waiting for an invitation. No I don't know where I'm going yet. I won't know until the invitation.

Plus I still have to sell this house...

No comments: