Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Home is the Hunter, home from the hills.....

Arrived in the 'Burgh around midnight last night. Stayed at the airport Hyatt (one last night in a hotel). Picked up the dog and finally got back to my house this afternoon. She (the dog) is pissed at me I think. And why not? Seven weeks away from her. I'm not sure she even remembers who I am.

But I wish to thank all those whose very presence during the trip made it memorable.

To Saad, Jennifer and Michelle (Taiwan), Wendy, George, Katherine, Usha, The Big "A", the singing Mr. Gupte, Joseph (special thanks), Boyd, Jason, Nasser, Hani, Rashid, John, Arvind, Peter, Miro, Silma, Ani, Bahar, Richard, Paul, Jennifer (Not from Taiwan), Eva, and anyone else whose name slips my brain right now, strictly due to jetlag, I assure you, I thank you all for enriching my life these past few weeks.

To Eddie, Mary, Betsy, Lynn and me Mum, thanks for keeping e-tabs on me during the trip.

In Mike's perfect world we all be together always.

On the other hand, to the SOB at the Emirate's counter in Delhi, who shook me down for 156 bucks (after I talked him down from $200!) for "excess baggage", I'll see you in Hell. If only I believed in Hell.

I know, I know... That's not the Buddhist philosophy. Hey, it's a work in progress.

No comments: