About Me

My photo

A man of many words. Profane, profound, loyal to a fault and a right rat bastard. I love the finer things in life: expensive cigars, cheap women and all the salted, cured meats I can eat. A friend to dogs, lover of humanity and despiser of people. If I were King the world would be a better place, because, well...I would be King! Oh, and I like ice cream.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Just Finished Reading "Dark Star Safari" by Paul Theroux

He's got me doing some serious thinking about going to sub-Saharan Africa. But, something he wrote toward the end of the book struck me:

"You go away for a long time and return a different person - you never come all the way back."

I've long thought and often said that international student recruiters are ruined for "regular" jobs. Once we've seen the other side of the world we can never work a normal 9 to 5 again.

It ruined me so much I gave up work altogether. A fine decision.

No comments: