Saturday, October 22, 2005

Last Comment on Beirut, I promise.

Well I promise, but I don't guarantee.

I meant to post this a few weeks ago. I just found it on my Flickr site.

In the evening hundreds of people turn out to stroll the Corniche in Beirut. Families, friends, lovers and other strangers. Many sit together at spots along the way to share a cup of coffee and a sheesha. As we Americans were walking along the thought came to me how funny life in the world is: We look at them and think, "What a great life they have. If I could come here and live like this, I'd have it made."

They look at us and think, "What a great life they have. If I could get the visa to come to the US and live like them, I'd have it made."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You got that right brother! I like it so much I think I'll take another year off.