Saturday, October 08, 2005

Travel Update...

I'm in Istanbul now. Beautiful place with much to Blog about. But, first I must finish the Bulgarian Commentaries. The Hilton here in Istanbul is very nice, but the dial up internet in the room is over $20 PER HOUR! The wireless in the lobby is "only" $25 per day. It's functional, but S L O W... So pictures may be limited.

Anyway,...Bulgaria. I love these post-Soviet countries. Sixteen years after the Fall and they're still working their way through. Western money is pouring in. Bulgaria joins the EU in 2007. Foreigners (not Americans, but Eastern Euros and Brits) are buying property. Mostly for investment I think. Huge construction projects. Has "overbuilt" written all over it.

But, the little side streets at night are so peaceful. The only things open are small shops and little restaurants. Just locals engaging in life. I think we've lost most of that in the States. Example: Futboll (soccer) is the cultural obsession, but you NEVER see Soccer moms and dads rushing around getting the young'uns to practice and games, etc.

Fashions here are wild. Every fourth store is a lingerie shop. I might have commented on that earlier this year. The preferred female hair color is RED. Any shade of red but natural.

I saw this gal in the bus station while on my way to Sozopol. Not red, but as Mrs. Russell used to say in High School Latin, "It's the exception that makes the rule."

I have previously mentioned the famed topless beach in Sozopol. Here's proof:



Wellllllllll...There's Good topless and there's Bad topless. OK, so that's enough for now. I'll try to post this and add more later.

No comments: