Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 In Review: By The Numbers

After the worst year of my life 2005 definitely took an upward turn. It's not my top rated year. That will probably always be 1981, the year Mick was born. But this past year marked a HUGE change in my life.

Thomas Friedman in "The World is Flat" remarked on how everything that can be digitized will be. What does that mean? Darned if I know. But, maybe it has something to do with reducing all the events of our lives to data. So here are some of my data from 2005:

5 Trips outside the United States
22 Countries visited
15 New countries visited
14 UNESCO World Heritage sites

1 blogs started
167 blog posts
1 resignation
155 nights on the road (give or take)
283 new friends (I really have no idea. But, it was ALOT!)

Oh yeah, 2,515 miles run.
Lifetime total: 92,669 miles

Numbers just don't add up to the total experience. For all the miles, all the trials and all the smiles, I thank everyone who touched my life. It would be a lonely journey without you.

2006 looks to be another good one. In February I'll head back to the Middle East, after that there are elephants to tend to, Central American countries to explore, Mick in the Virgin Islands to visit, more Middle East countries and perhaps a climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Or would that be Tibet? When you have an itch you have to scratch it. And I gotta lot of itches.

See you out there...

No comments: