Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Perfect Rebuttal to (un)Intelligent Design

First, credit goes to Mick for initiating this line of reasoning. However, I take full credit for articulating it. But, it bears serious consideration.

To wit: Intelligent Design presupposes an uber-intelligent being (Code word: God)designed man "as is." No evolution. No muss, no fuss. Of course, we all know Unintelligent Design is a mere subterfuge for "Creationism."

So how come we have to spend so much time in our lives in the crapper? Have you ever thought about the amount of time you spend (dare I say "waste?") eliminating? Believe me, speaking as a male, once you pass 50 that time gets longer and longer. Don't you think a supremely intelligent designer would have come up with a better system than that? I mean, come on! We're talking GOD here. The Big Guy. Numero Uno. This is the best GOD could do?

I could see it if he wanted to make sure we had a time reserved for reading. Sure. Makes perfect sense. But, why couldn't he just leave it at that?

So many questions. So few answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call bullshit on you "articulating" my position. Unless of course by articulating you mean me having to explain it to you 3 times before you got it.