Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last Day in Luang Prabang.

Not a lot going on today. Kind of chill. I did go to the Vietnamese consulate to get my visa because I had boogered up the online visa application. It was no problem. Snuck a photo without them seeing me. A victimless crime.
Admittedly not a good photo, but you can see Ho Chi Minh's picture hanging on the wall. He used to be kind of a big deal.
Later climbed Phu Si Mountain overlooking the city. Very peaceful.
308 steps. Buddhists love to climb steps.
Earlier in the day took a bicycle ride around the city. It is HOT and HUMID here. Not hard to work up a good sweat!
Some of the old French colonial buildings in Luang Prabang.
I got roped into playing table tennis against our tour leader, Nat. Knowing that Asians are "inherently" better at this game I demanded he be handicapped by wearing the straw hat. And I was beating him too, until I told him he could take it off. Then he stomped me. I did legitimately best him one game. Better lucky than good.


No comments: