Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Journey continues






While in Beirut several of our group arranged a side trip over the mountains into the famed Bekaa Valley to see the Roman Ruins of Baalbeck. These were in a word "stunning." How can one describe these? It is impossible to adequately do so. I took over 150 pictures there and they STILL don't do the place justice. So I've thrown in two.

Since Beirut we have BLOWN through Amman, Jordan and have just arrived in Muscat, Oman. It's 1:45 AM, but since I haven't been posting I had to do the needful. We are staying in the Grand Hyatt on the Gulf of Oman. There's a book out named "10,000 places to see before you die." Well, this is one of 'em. Only 9,999 more to go before I kick the bucket. (Actually it might be a few less, but who's counting?)

No comments: